Sunday, May 29, 2011

With Eyes Filled with Blood

I am no friend of evil, of lies or dishonor. And I am sickened by the world men make. Yet when I think of Iblis, my heart aches twice: first for knowing something of Iblis’ despair, second for its resemblance to my own.

When God the Most High cast Iblis down, distorting his appearance, depriving him of his beauty, Iblis fell from the heights of His presence. Those who pledged fealty to Iblis were cast down with him and each saw the world below through thick haze of moon-washed lands and seas of blackest ink. Rejoicing they opened their arms to embrace the corrupted world of men. But Iblis did not look; he fell with his back to the earth, his eyes filled with blood and his sight never deserting the heavenly realm of God’s celestial throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment